Why write short stories?
Here are some of the benefits:
- Speed: you can write six (or more) short stories in the time it takes to write one novel;
- Income: short stories sell;
- Short stories can give you inexpensive, ongoing sales promotions for your novels;
- You can sell short stories for $2.99, exactly as you might price a novel.
How long it does it take to write a short story?
It takes me three hours to write and publish a short story of 2,000 words.
Longer stories, of 10,000 words take me a day.
You can take whatever time you need.
Since short stories are much faster to write than novels, and MUCH easier to structure, try writing short stories if you’re just starting out writing fiction.
Get started writing short stories with our free ebook
If you've ever dreaded writing, or felt that writing was too hard, you'll love the Easy-Write Process.
The Easy-Write Process changed my life; I developed it over several years of struggling with writing. When I taught the Easy-Write process to my writing students, they achieved great results too. Please enjoy the Easy-Write Process -- I wish you much success with it.More info →
Resources to build your writing career
Get daily writing news and tips on the blog’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Our 15-Minute Book Marketing Program Is Now An Ebook - September 8, 2018
- Characters: 3 Tips To Help You To Create Great Story People - September 7, 2018
- Self-Publishing: Use DDT To Sell More Books - August 17, 2018