Ready to become a master of short stories? Enrollment for our first online short fiction writing class closes soon. Join us to write your first story (or stories) step by step.
Today, short stories sell: boost your fiction-writing skills
Today, you can make money writing fiction — short fiction. That hasn’t always been the case. For many years, writing short fiction was a no-no.
Then Amazon developed the Kindle Store and self-publishing became popular, creating a renaissance in short fiction.
Authors love writing short stories and selling them as ebooks. They can publish faster. They can charge $2.99 for a 10,000 word short story, or a 100,000 word novel. Stories take a lot less time to write.
Readers want an emotional hit fast; they can read a story in minutes, rather than hours.
You can write a story in your spare time. If you’re new to writing fiction, you can learn the elements of writing fiction more easily — short stories are much easier to control than a novel.
Tip: if you’re stuck on a novel, get your writing flow back by writing short stories
You’ll become inspired again.
Perhaps you’re already writing fiction. In that case, writing short stories helps in these ways:
- You can make money — both from your stories themselves, and from the boost your stories give to any books you’ve already published. Look on each short story as a gateway to your other books. Readers who love your short stories buy your novels and nonfiction too; this means that…
- You can promote your novels painlessly, by writing short stories;
- You can try out new genres within hours, not months — you’ll soon see what does, and doesn’t, work for you;
- You can increase your income exponentially;
- You can build a responsive list of readers who love your fiction by offering some of your stories as free reads on your website;
- You can create bundles of your short stories — essentially, sell them twice;
- You can join other authors who create bundles, and include one or two of your stories in their bundles. This exposes you to new groups of readers. And again, your story in someone else’s bundle is a gateway to the rest of your publishing catalogue.
NEW CLASS: Publish Fiction In 8 Hours Or Less: Conquer Short Stories
Discover a brand new, step-by-step, class to writing and publishing short stories FAST. You can publish within hours.
This class is easy, fun, and practical. If you’ve got an hour a week, you’ll master short fiction writing and selling in just four weeks.
Join us, and take control of your fiction writing career.
You can, when you discover the secrets of writing blurbs (book descriptions) which sell.
You can rescue books which aren't selling, and have confidence that your new books will have the best chance to find their audience.More info →
How To Write Novels And Short Stories Readers Love: You're about to discover the easiest, fastest, and most fun plotting method ever. You can use it for all your fiction, whether you're writing short stories, novellas or novels. Take control of your fiction now, and publish more, more easily.More info →
Resources to build your writing career
Get daily writing news and tips on the blog’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Amazon Ads: Tips For The New Campaign Manager - January 8, 2019
- (New) Social Media Copywriting And Graphics: Get Attention And Sell More - January 6, 2019
- Oh No, Not Again: How To Survive Publishing And Other Deadlines - January 3, 2019