I’m updating our current short fiction program, as well as developing new programs related to short stories. What would you like to know, so that you can write short stories with confidence?
Short stories are fun to write, and they’re a wonderful promotional tool. They’ll teach you a great deal, if you’re just starting out with fiction.
A question: what challenges you most when you’re writing short stories?
Nonfiction writers doubt their skills when it comes to writing short fiction. You don’t know where to start.
On the other hand, perhaps you’re writing stories already, but you feel that you’re not doing as much with your stories as you could.
What areas are the most challenging for you? Is it coming up with story ideas? Writing stories? Marketing using stories? Selling more ebooks?
For many years, there was no money in writing short fiction. Now there is, and there are many good reasons for writing short fiction.
Popular reasons to write short stories (you don’t need a reason)
Here are some popular reasons…
Remember that you don’t need a reason for writing short stories. However, here are some of the reasons that I’ve heard:
- To test ideas for characters, plot, voice, and build your fiction writing skills;
- To build confidence;
- To make money;
- To promote your novels;
- To build your platform;
- To challenge yourself. Personal challenges help you to become more productive;
- To break into a new market…
Contact me to let me know what your challenges are
Please contact me to let me know what your own challenges are with writing short fiction. Or with novels.
Thank you. 🙂
Resources to build your writing career
Watch for free contests, writing news and tips on the blog’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Writing Fiction: 3 Tips To Help You To Create Powerful Characters - December 11, 2018
- The Merry Christmas Bundle Has Landed - December 7, 2018
- Creativity: 3 Tips To Inspire Productivity And Joy - December 6, 2018