When readers ask me what’s the best blog for an ebook author, I tell them with my tongue firmly lodged in my cheek: “the one you started ten years ago. Or at least two years before you wrote a book.”
Everyone and his brother (and I) have told you: you must have a blog. Here’s the bad news: it’s true. Eventually, you’ll need a blog. But if you’ve just published your first ebook on Amazon, you don’t need a blog right now. You’ve got better things to do — like write another book.
If you’ve just published your first ebook, write another one
Work out how much an hour of your time is worth, then consider whether you can afford to spend an hour a week on a blog. You’ll find that your time’s better spent writing another book.
You may know that I have many pen names. Most are for my ghostwriting clients. However, I’ve also got several of my own, for various genres of fiction.
Here’s what I’ve discovered, since late 2014 and 2015: a blog is a giant waste of time, until your ebooks under a name are selling. There are just too many blogs online for you to get traction. When your ebooks sell, you can kick them along with a blog. Until then, forget blogging.
So how do you get your ebooks to sell?
Ebook marketing for new authors: easy and free promotions
Here’s what I suggest:
- Put your ebook into KDP Select. Your ebook will be in Select for three months. Use your “free” days at the end of month number two. By the time your third month nears its end, you’ll have published your next ebook. You can decide whether to continue with Select then;
- Use free venues to promote your ebook while it’s in Select, and promote during your “free” days. Here’s a good list of sites.
Once you’ve got two ebooks which are selling, create a blog to host your mailing list
With two published ebooks, you know how promotions work, and you can create a mailing list for your readers. You can also blog occasionally.
Happy writing… keep writing ebooks.
Use Ebook Dominance for more ebook marketing ideas.
Ebook Dominance: sell more copies of your ebooks, every day
Discover the marketing secrets of bestselling authors — you can market in minutes, from the comfort of your sofa…
How would you feel if your sales doubled, then tripled — and then YOU hit the Kindle hot sellers’ lists?
Ebook Dominance helps you to turbocharge your marketing, and sell more ebooks today.
Earn while you learn, with Angela’s Writing Classes..
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Serial Fiction: 3 Easy Tips To Help You Start Your Serial Today - June 11, 2019
- Info Products: 3 Easy Tips To Help You Create And Sell Them - June 6, 2019
- Beginning Writer: 2 Strategies To Remove ALL Your Roadblocks - June 4, 2019