This week’s theme writing was SHORT material, content snippets. I discussed them in this article:
Everything’s getting smaller now — first the iPad, and then the iPad mini, for example.
But what about your content? Maybe your content is “TLDNF” (Too Long, Didn’t Finish.) Your audience snacks on content. Long content is a commitment, and we’re all becoming commitment-phobic.
Readers understand snippets, but several readers asked: “how do I promote this kind of writing to my clients?”
Clients understand Web content, articles, and sales content, but snippets, not so much.
Promoting short-form content as a writing service
You could offer “social media content” as a service on your writers’ website. Any writer can do this. However, I encourage you to customize your service for each client.
Let’s look at a couple of examples.
* A corporate client needs a complete social media program, starting with a presentation to various department heads to show them why social media matters, and specifically why it matters to the company. You’d need to get buy-in, before you started creating a social media strategy for the company;
* A local business just needs snippets posted several times a week. The content snippets could be anything at all: “pins” to Pinterest; a special offering on Twitter; a short video; images posted to Instagram, etc.
Need help creating a short-form Web content service?
Contact me. I’ll help you to brainstorm your offerings, and promote them.
(The consult fee will be going up to $200 soon, because my time’s getting very limited. Please book now, if you’re interested — you can book now, and take the consult later.)
Want to join me and write an ebook in 8 hours?
Joe Konrath’s publishing some tongue-in-cheek ebooks on Kindle, and he’s issued a challenge.
Will you take part? It’ll be fun.
I’m selling Fiction Frenzy: Write and Publish Kindle Fiction on Selz
For a limited time, Fiction Frenzy is available as an offering on Selz. I had some requests for this, so here you go. 🙂
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- When You Can’t Write Because You Have Too Many Ideas - July 7, 2019
- Get It Done: How To Double Your Writing Output, Fast - July 4, 2019
- Become An Independent Writer: 3 Offerings - July 2, 2019