These days, blogging is essential. Your blog tells people who you are.
But what will you blog ABOUT?
It’s easy to run out of content ideas for your blog, so let’s broaden your perspective.
This post, 25 Content Marketing Ideas for People Who Don’t Like to Write! | The Marketing Nut, suggests:
“Share your journey of building your business. Share both the good and bad. If you share your real self, the fact that you are human and make mistakes, try things that sometimes don’t work, people will be better able to connect with you. When you do this you also invite them in to your community in a more intimate way. They become invested in you and your brand.”
That’s a wonderful idea. However, these kinds of posts tend to be long… What if you could write snippets of material?
Consider short material — it’s much faster than writing screeds that no one has time to read
We’re all pressed for time these days.
I love the Tumblr blogging service because on Tumblr, short posts work best. You can post quotes, links, photos, audio and video too. It’s easy to grab a quote from somewhere and post it.
WordPress has got into the “short posts” act too, with its latest 3.6 update, and the Twenty Thirteen theme. I’ve switched two of my blogs to Twenty Thirteen because it now offers lots of “short post” templates. I’m seriously considering switching this blog over too.
So, what can you blog about when you’re fresh out of ideas?
* Excerpting tips from other blog posts to post a quote, or a link;
* Post links to other people’s content that you find useful;
* Post images. Snap a pic of your crowded desk on your phone and post it;
* Post quotes — from famous people, or from YOU. 🙂
Have FUN with your blog. Your blog is YOU — so enjoy yourself.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Improve Your Writing Today: 3 Easy Tips - June 24, 2019
- Social Media Marketing: 3 Easy Tips You Can Use Today - June 21, 2019
- Mystery Fiction: 3 Tips To Create Excitement And Suspense - June 13, 2019