Just a quick post. You might find some of these ideas useful if you want to build your writer’s platform before you self-publish a new project – one for which you have high hopes.
I’m currently working with a writer, Charles, who’s writing erotica. (He’s in the middle of the Memories – Writing and Selling Your Life Stories workshop.)
He’s on track to complete his ebook by July, so he wants plenty of potential readers before the big day.
What about publishing some short stories, I suggested.
One of my students is doing very well with short pieces of erotica he’s publishing. If Charles published a story a month, for the next couple of months, he’d “warm up” his audience. They’d know what to expect from him. He could use KDP Select – freebies increase readership.
- Contact “erotica” bloggers and offer to do guest posts
Since he’s writing his second draft, his “outtakes” (deleted scenes) could well be repurposed into blog posts.
- Contact a couple of other erotica writers to collaborate on a short story compilation
Again, Charles could repurpose his deleted scenes into a couple of short stories, which could be published as a collection with contributions from a couple of other erotica writers. This would help all the writers involved.
My sole concern is that Charles not spread himself too thin. There are many things you CAN do to build your platform, but the writing on your major project has to come first.
Platform-building doesn’t need to be a chore; it can be fun. Good luck with YOUR platform-building, too. 🙂
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Social Media Promotions: Two Easy Image Apps To Try - January 11, 2019
- Current And Upcoming Writing Programs: Achieve Your Goals In 2019 - January 9, 2019
- Amazon Ads: Tips For The New Campaign Manager - January 8, 2019