If you’re a Web content writer, you know that in 2013, social media is just as important as content on a specific site.
The real time Web has arrived. Search engines like Google strive for “real time” search: freshness counts. The more regularly a site is updated, the more Google will pay attention.
The search engines also pay attention to social media; content discovery has grown beyond the search engines. Many people “discover” content via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and iTunes.
Create “discoverable” content
A couple of years ago, a company could buy some articles for their website, and call it done. These days, companies need more. As their writer, your job is to ensure that you offer more.
How do you do that? The easiest way is by offering content packages.
A package might include:
* Two feature articles. These articles can be repurposed in various ways;
* A press release, highlighting recent news — the launch of a product, the opening of a new store, etc.;
* A Facebook page for a product;
* A short report for a specific audience — shareholders, customers, staff etc.;
* A series of social media posts on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
Create packages which get results
Your primary aim in creating a package of content for your clients is to get the results the client wants.
You do that by asking the client what results he wants before you start writing.
Do it yourself to see how it works
Selling content packages makes sense. To see how it all works, it’s best for you to experiment. You know I’m a fan of blogging, and here’s why — you can try out lots of stuff on a blog, just to see what happens.
So, before you start selling content packages to your clients, create a package for yourself. Set goals for it. Write it. Post it online. Measure the results with Google Analytics, AND how many sales you make as a result of the content package you’ve created.
Writing Web content is huge fun, because you’ll see results very quickly. The real time Web can be your oyster, if you know how to use it.
Build your writing career, step by step
Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON) web writing training gives you highly marketable skills which will build your writing career for a lifetime.
You discover how to:
* Make great money writing simple Web articles
* Develop sites and blogs (using easy, free tools) which you can sell for 12 times their monthly earnings. (For example, if you create a small site which makes you $500 a month, you can sell it for $6,000 and more)
* Create ebooks which bring you in a passive income for years to come
* Develop a successful writing services practice — charge $250 an hour for your writing services
* and much, much more.
Start your new writing life today.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Get Organized, And Write To Sell: 3 Easy Bullet Journaling Tips - July 9, 2019
- When You Can’t Write Because You Have Too Many Ideas - July 7, 2019
- Get It Done: How To Double Your Writing Output, Fast - July 4, 2019