I’ve written for magazines for many years, so July always means Christmas to me… now’s the deadline for getting and completing Christmas and holiday-related writing jobs. (It’s also the time to create the products and projects which will make money for you over the holiday season.)
I encourage you to think beyond magazines and websites. There’s a huge world of buyers of your writing out there. When working with my writing students, I find that they’re eager to find writing jobs online, but they forget that there are unlimited writing jobs much closer to home.
You’re a writer, act like one
How many people in your local area know you’re a writer? Whenever I ask new writers this question, they never know how to answer it. The answer, by the way, needs to be everyone.
Get business cards printed, and hand them out to friends, acquaintances, and everyone you do business with. Hand them out to your accountant, your hairdresser, and to everyone you know locally, and with whom you interact. Everyone knows someone who needs a writer…
Now’s the time to see what local business people will be promoting over the holiday season, and thinking about how you can help them with their promotions. You’re a writer, so you shouldn’t be thinking about how much cash you’ll be spending over the holidays, you need to be thinking about how you can help people to make sales.
I created my latest writing program, Writing Jobs Confidential: Everything You Need To Get Hired, And Make Money Today, because I saw that most writers just don’t see what’s right under their noses.
Now’s the time to:
* Offer holiday-themed article packs to businesses for their websites;
* Offer to create single-product websites to businesses to promote their big-ticket holiday products;
* Offer to write holiday newsletters for all the local businesses in your area;
* Create your own products which you can sell over the holiday season.
Please do it today. We’re half way through July, so you need to be working on Christmas material NOW — and you need to get paid for it too, of course. 🙂
Merry Christmas, dear writer…
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Get Organized, And Write To Sell: 3 Easy Bullet Journaling Tips - July 9, 2019
- When You Can’t Write Because You Have Too Many Ideas - July 7, 2019
- Get It Done: How To Double Your Writing Output, Fast - July 4, 2019