What’s the easiest way to promote your writing services business? The answer’s easy – by writing articles.
Writing articles works brilliantly because:
* It shows your clients that you can indeed write (you’d be amazed at the number of people who claim to be writers but who have no evidence to back up that claim);
* You can monetize your articles and make money from them for years to come, even as they advertise your skills;
* It improves your writing skills. Writing is both an art and a craft; the more you do it, the better you get, and the more money people are willing to pay you.
Get Started Writing Articles
You’re convinced you should be writing articles to promote your business. But how do you get started?
Here’s an easy four-step process.
1. Create a Small Web Site
Your Web site is both the heart and the hub of your writing business. You can create a site in less than a minute using Google’s free Blogger service.
2. Write Articles for Your Web Site and the Article Directories
You’re a writer; write away. Start writing article both short and longer for your site, and for the article directories.
Write on any topic you please – make a list of topics on which you have some knowledge. Use your experiences. For example, if you’re a new mom, you know about: relationships, parenting, and babies.
WHAT you write about isn’t as important as the fact that you have content on your site, and that you have articles (which contain your ads) in the article directories. The content on your site brings you traffic, and so do the articles in the article directories.
Traffic gets you buyers for your writing services.
3. Create a Rates Sheet So Buyers Know How Much You Charge
I wish I had a dollar for every writer who’s asked me “How much should I charge?” The answer to that question is: charge whatever you like. When you’re beginning, set your rates low, and ensure that every buyer gives you a (glowing, one hopes) testimonial.
Then raise your rates, and keep raising them as your writing skills and confidence increase.
4. Be Easy to Contact – Respond to Email As Soon As Possible
Big tip – please pay attention to it: make it easy for people to get in touch with you. Put your email address, your instant messaging ID and your cell phone number on your site, and respond as quickly as possible when buyers get in touch.
Remember that you’re probably one of many writers a buyer is contacting. The faster you respond, the more appealing you are to buyers. Buyers want to hire you because they need your services immediately – they want you to write something for them, and they want it done fast.
So, now you know how to promote your writing services business, what are you waiting for?
Subscribe to Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON) – it’s a complete training in making money online
Want to make money online? You can, with Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON) training.
Join me, and develop your own home-based business, writing and making money on the Web.
Cash For Content – For New Writers
Enjoy Writing? Fast And Easy Cash In Your Pocket – Write From Home
The Web has opened up unlimited markets for writers, both new and established.
But if you’re completely new, the Web can seem like chaos. How do you find the Web sites which pay you just to write? These sites never advertise, because they don’t need to. So how do you find them?
I’ve got the solution for you. Imagine being paid to write: $10 to $50 and more per article, as a NEW writer.
Details in my new Cash For Content package.
[tags]writing,articles,article,marketing,freelance writing, Web content,writers,make money online[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Writing To Sell: 3 Life-Saving Tips You Can Use Today - May 15, 2019
- 3 Genre Fiction Tips: Write What Sells Today (Location, Location) - May 10, 2019
- Kindle Short Reads: Take Advantage Of Amazon’s Secret Categories - May 5, 2019