I’m a big fan of Private Label Rights (PLR) content. In the past, I’ve written a lot of PLR for others – people who were selling the PLR on membership sites.
If you’re just starting out, and want to make money writing articles, PLR content still a great way to make some fast income from writing – an added benefit is that you know what PLR looks like, and can assess the quality of PLR material. Some PLR is woeful, and quite useless, and by writing it for others you’ll learn how to write GOOD PLR.
However, I’ve stopped writing PLR myself, and now rewrite PLR I buy from others and turn it into ebooks, which I sell on several small sites I’ve created.
It’s a good business model, and is working well for me.
The business model looks something like this:
* Get an idea for a site and buy a suitable domain name;
* Write the content for a basic four-page site, consisting of a Home page, About page, Privacy page and Contact page;
* Write a Sales page – yes, I write the Sales page before I create the ebook. Writing the sales material first means I know exactly what I want the ebook to contain;
* Rewrite some PLR articles, or a PLR ebook, and add my own materials so that the ebook matches the Sales page… and the ebook is done;
* Post the ebook to e-Junkie;
* Promote the ebook.
Depending on how much energy you put into promoting the ebook, you can expect to sell anywhere from five to ten copies a day. Now, let’s say you’ve priced the ebook at the bottom end of the market, at around $30, you can see where you can make quite a good income, just from a single ebook.
Creating and using PLR is an easy way to make money writing for the Web. In Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON), we spend all of the fourth month on PLR.