If you can write a steady stream of articles to purchasers’ specifications, you can make a great income. Articles are a free form of advertising for many Web sites, so there’s a high demand.
Let’s look at how you can write more articles, and sell more.
1. Your articles must provide quality information, so choose salable topics in which you have a background
Businesses will not use your articles on their Web sites if the articles are junk, so your articles should not simply be rehashes of information that’s widely available.
Although you can see many examples of online articles which are just waffle, you’ll get more buyers for your articles with quality. So your articles must provide good, useful information.
In order to provide these authoritative articles, you need a background in what you’re writing about, or the ability to research quickly.
Chances are that you have a grounding in many salable topics already – business, technology, and health. Writing in these areas in which you have a background means that you can write more, because less research is required.
2. Become a expert in keywords – article marketing is based on keywords
Keywords are vital for Web articles used for article marketing. Without the appropriate keywords, the articles will not be found online. So study keywords and search engine optimization (SEO). This knowledge will mean that you can write more, and write faster – and you can charge more for your articles too.
3. Create your own article templates
Create some templates for your articles. With your templates created, writing an article just means filling in the appropriate areas on the template. It speeds your article writing.
4. Outline, draft, write – become an article production factory
Develop an article writing workflow. Here’s my workflow step by step – copy it, and adjust it to your needs.
In any given day, I’ll write five to ten articles. Often, I know what the general topic for the article will be. So if I’m writing ten articles, I:
* Write ten titles
* Outline all ten articles
* Do research for those articles which need information I don’t already know
* Draft each article, one after another. (When drafting, I just write without stopping, following my outline for each article.)
* Then I revise each article, adding information, improving the title, the introduction, and the resource box.
* Finally I check that I’ve included the appropriate keywords in each article, and revise them to create the final copy.
On some days, I write all the articles I need to write in one session, taking several breaks to exercise and clear my mind. On other days, I combine writing articles with doing other necessary business chores.
5. Check to see which articles develop new ideas
Inevitably, when you’re writing fast, articles inspire ideas for new articles.
I write down ideas and titles for new articles while I’m writing and revising – often ten articles give me ideas for 20 more.
6. Got a Web site? It’s your article-sales hub
A Web site is vital. It’s an advertisement for your article writing business. Get a site, and expand on it when you can. Use your SEO skills on your own site to improve your search engine visibility.
7. Use article marketing to promote your article writing and get customers fast
Finally, use article marketing – posting free articles to article directories – to promote your article writing business.
So, there you have seven steps to help you to write more and sell more articles. Follow the steps: they lead to success, and a great income.
You can turn article writing into a fabulous home based business. The entire first month of Sell Your Writing Online NOW training is devoted to helping you to write and sell articles.
Discover the world of Web writing – make a great income writing from home, or from anywhere
There’s great money in Web writing. Some Web writers are making $20,000 a month by blogging for a stable of sites. Others are writing articles or ebooks.
Join the Web writing gold rush with Angela Booth’s comprehensive training: “Sell Your Writing Online Now”.
[tags]writing,freelance writing,writing for the Web,article marketing,work from home,writing jobs,articles,online writing,make money[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Get Organized, And Write To Sell: 3 Easy Bullet Journaling Tips - July 9, 2019
- When You Can’t Write Because You Have Too Many Ideas - July 7, 2019
- Get It Done: How To Double Your Writing Output, Fast - July 4, 2019