Are you happy with the freelance writing gigs you’re taking on? Many writers aren’t. They’re trapped in a freelance ghetto, with low-paying, stressful projects.
They feel that there’s no easy exit from the ghetto, because they’ve become labelled as a generic freelance “writer”, and not in a good way.
Here are a couple of reasons writers become trapped in ghettos:
* Inexperience – they’re new to writing, and have no idea of the range of writing opportunities, and how to classify purchasers of their writing;
* Lack of confidence – while they may be aware that there are differences between writers, and that the top level of freelance writers is earning some ten times what the bottom level earns, they lack the confidence to approach the top tier of purchasers.
If you’re inexperienced, you need to remedy this. Educate yourself. There are many opportunities to do so, in fact I’ve written a range of writing manuals to help you; some even come with coaching.
A lack of confidence is particularly common and pernicious; I’ll address this in future articles.
Find out how you can stop being a ghetto writer.
[tags]Freelance writing, Internet marketing, marketing, writer, Writing, writing jobs, writing skills, writing tips[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Get Organized, And Write To Sell: 3 Easy Bullet Journaling Tips - July 9, 2019
- When You Can’t Write Because You Have Too Many Ideas - July 7, 2019
- Get It Done: How To Double Your Writing Output, Fast - July 4, 2019