Want daily writing tips? SHORT tips? Now you can “like” the blog’s Facebook page and have tips and writing exercises delivered in your Facebook news feed.
Minimalist writing tips, prompts, and exercises, every day
We’re all time-poor.
My students love short writing exercises which take less than five minutes, and which they can tap out on a phone or on a device. So I’ll be posting itty bitty exercises several times a week which you complete in five minutes or less.
I hope these mini posts give you a daily jolt of inspiration and motivation.
Here’s today’s post.
Quick NaNoWriMo Tips To Help You To Write Your Novel This Month
- Be there, be in the moment, with your characters. What are your characters seeing, touching, and tasting?
- Surprise yourself: twist your characters and your plot.
- Make life WORSE for your characters: when your characters are having a good time, readers usually aren’t.
5-minute writing tips and exercises to help you to write more, more easily, and improve your writing skills
Here’s the thing with writing fiction. You write with your heart, not with your head. If you try to remember writing tips while you’re writing fiction, you’ll become frustrated.
This means that you need to internalize them: make them a part of you. You can only do that if you do writing exercises.
I’ll post SHORT tips, and SHORT writing prompts and exercises. You can cherry-pick the tips and exercises you need right now, or which you think you’ll need later. Save them to your computer.
Enjoy the tips: “like” the page so that you get the posts in your news feed
I hope you like these mini posts.
You’ll receive fiction tips and exercises of course, as well as inspiration which will help you to blog, write ebooks, write advertising, write social media posts — and more.
I won’t be posting the 5-minute writing tips and writing exercises anywhere else, just on the Facebook page — “like” the page to receive them.
Resources to build your writing career
Watch for free contests, writing news and tips on the blog’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Traditional Publishing: 4 Tips To Help You To Sell Your Novel - July 13, 2017
- No Excuses: How To Write More And Sell More, Today - July 10, 2017
- Book Marketing And Freebies: How To Escape The Tyranny - July 6, 2017