Do you want to be a NaNoWriMo author? Hundreds of thousands of authors will be writing a novel this November. This can seem like a huge challenge. If you’re feeling a little intimidated, join me on this blog’s new Facebook page, where I’ll be posting daily NaNoWriMo secrets.
Each day, you’ll not only find secrets which will inspire and help you to write your novel, but you’ll also find strategies to help you to write a publishable novel.
By the way, if you’re not familiar with NaNoWriMo, November is National Novel Writing Month. Half a million authors all over the globe will commit to writing a novel of 50,000 words, in a month. That’s around 1,600 words a day.
Decisions, decisions… do you REALLY want to become a NaNoWriMo author?
Before you commit however, as we suggested in this post on NaNoWriMo secrets, you need to inspire yourself.
You need to convince yourself that NaNoWriMo will be beneficial for you. Once you know WHY, it’s much more likely that you’ll complete your novel in a month:
If you’re unsure of whether you want to participate, ask yourself some questions:
• How does NaNoWriMo fit into my business plan for my writing?
• What benefits will I receive if I invest the time and energy?
• Can I schedule 1,500 extra words a day? When? (You’ll need to know how many words you can write in an hour);
• How will I publish my NaNoWriMo novel?
• How will I promote my novel?
NaNoWriMo secrets: join me on Facebook for daily NaNoWriMo tips, from now until the end of this month
Committed? Joining NaNoWriMo?
All right then… Let’s give you the best start possible for your November journey.
Join me on this blog’s Facebook page where I’ll be posting NaNoWriMo secrets right up to October 31. These secret tips and strategies will help you to write a novel which is publishable.
Of course, if you’re NOT doing NaNoWriMo, and just want to get a handle on writing commercial, publishable novels, you’re most welcome too. 🙂
My aim with this series is to ensure that at the end of November, you’ll not only have 50,000 words, you’ll have 50,000 words which you can turn into a publishable novel which gets readers.
Let’s get started: here’s our new Facebook page.
Resources to build your writing career
Watch for free contests, writing news and tips on the blog’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Writing Fiction: The Rule Of 3 To The Rescue - September 21, 2017
- Write Faster: Eliminate Your Inner Censor - September 9, 2017
- Fiction Author: 3 Tips For Writing A Series Of Novels - September 7, 2017