Eek! You’re blogging, either for your own blog, or for a client, and you’re out of ideas.
You’ve read your archives, and… nothing. Nothing jumps out at you; nothing inspires you.
Here are six ways to come up with blog ideas YOU can write — if in not in your sleep — then whenever you’re feeling uninspired.
1. Check the News: Local, or Global
What’s on the news? There’s always something happening.
I just checked Google news, and I found stories about the Evernote hack, and ebook porn on Amazon’s Kindle (who knew?)
These are stories I could write about; your mileage will vary. Pick something that’s easy for you to blog.
2. Write a Short Review of Something You Love (Make Sure You Get an Affiliate Link)
I do this all the time. I downloaded the iOS Files App, and fell in love with it. I encourage you to write reviews too; if you become an Amazon or eBay affiliate, you can write reviews of thousands of products, and get paid for them, over time.
3. Write a “How to Fix _____” Post
Everyone has challenges. Everyone fixes them. What have you fixed lately? Tell your readers about it.
4. Write a “What I Learned About _____” Post
Live and learn, right? What have you learned recently?
5. Browse Pinterest to Collect Ideas
My favorite. We cover mining Pinterest for ideas in our ebook workshop. Just open Pinterest, and check out the Popular category, or run a search.
6. Browse Twitter: It’s Full of Great Ideas
Twitter is packed with ideas. Scroll down your feed. You’re sure to find something which intrigues or inspires you. (Contact me on Twitter: @angee.)
Have you found an idea yet? I’m sure you have.
Here’s a bonus way to get ideas: check your email. What questions have you been asked? Did someone send you a link you haven’t investigated yet?
Join HARO too — you’ll get a daily email telling you what other writers are working on; these stories may inspire your own.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Time Management For Writers: Boost Income With Writing Prep - July 31, 2015
- 2 Blogging Tips For Writers Who HATE Blogging - July 28, 2015
- Blogging: Words Into Cash (When You Do It Right) - July 26, 2015