If you’re a new freelance writer, you’re worried about finding writing gigs. You probably spend hours searching for them every day, and more hours applying for them. The best gigs however are never advertised. When you understand this you’ve made a huge step forward in your career.
Here’s a simple process which will help you to find the best (unadvertised) writing gigs for you.
1. The Outsourcing Sites Were Created Just for You
The outsourcing sites tend to have a dubious reputation with beginning writers. They feel that there’s a rush to the bottom on these sites, and that buyers are simply looking for the best quality work at the cheapest rate.
This is true. It’s the way business works.
Once you familiarize yourself with these sites however, you’ll come to appreciate their worth. Use the sites to learn: you’re getting an education, and you’re being paid to learn.
This is because firstly, you’re getting to know what kinds of writing people pay for, and also what those kinds of gigs are worth on these sites.
Once you know this, you’ll be experienced, and you’ll know what your time and money are worth. At that stage, you can advertise your services with confidence.
2. Establish Your Own Network of Personal Contacts
No, I’m not talking about the social networking sites. These sites work best for established writers who already have an audience. They don’t work for beginning writers.
As a beginner, you need to establish your own network, which will include your family, business friends, friends of friends, your clients, and your clients’ contacts.
Your personal network consists of the people who know you personally, either as a friend, or because you have a business relationship.
3. Collect Testimonials: Every Testimonial Counts
Collect testimonials from your clients. In your first year or two, your main aim is to collect testimonials when you complete each writing job. Post the testimonials on your site. Your site will become a powerful sales tool, which will work for you 24×7.
4. Stay in Touch With Your Clients
Befriend your clients. If they hired you once, they will need you again. And in addition, they have contacts who also hire writers.
Explain to your clients that you’re trying to expand your network, and that you appreciate the names of their contacts who may want to hire a writer.
Build your writing career, step by step
Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON) web writing training gives you highly marketable skills which will build your writing career for a lifetime.
You discover how to:
* Make great money writing simple Web articles
* Develop sites and blogs (using easy, free tools) which you can sell for 12 times their monthly earnings. (For example, if you create a small site which makes you $500 a month, you can sell it for $6,000 and more)
* Create ebooks which bring you in a passive income for years to come
* Develop a successful writing services practice — charge $250 an hour for your writing services
* and much, much more.
Start your new writing life today.
Become a Highly Paid Professional Writer
Writing Genii shows you how — fast. Get the skills you need, to make the income you want.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- A Simple, Powerful, Nonfiction Book Self-Publishing Checklist - July 23, 2017
- Who Are You: The Art Of Authors’ Pen Names (And Getting Paid) - July 21, 2017
- Book Cover Secrets: 4 Tips To Use Images To Sell More Books - July 19, 2017