How do you get people to your website who want to buy your writing services?
In the post In the post “Make Money Writing Secrets: Who Knows You?” I wrote:
You’re a writer, so your “targeted traffic” consists of editors, website owners and other buyers of writing services. You need to get these people to visit your site.
A reader asked how to target buyers, so here’s what I told him.
Briefly, let’s say you want to target magazine editors:
1. Create a Blogger blog (free) called: Your Name (Freddy Smith or whatever), Freelance Magazine Writer. The blog title MUST CONTAIN YOUR NAME.
2. On the blog, write about what you’re doing as you write for magazines. Viz: “Today I sent queries to the Western Farmers Journal, Your Home Business Success and Digital Income Monthly about _______________” (All fictitious mags, I hope. :-))
3. Keep blogging about what you’re doing in magazine writing; say one post a week for a couple of months. You’ll get indexed in Google, you’ll get enquiries, and writing commissions.
4. Link this blog to all your other blogs. (The more blogs the better. Create one or more blogs per topic.)
Also, make sure you add something like this to ALL your blogs: “Expert freelance writing on many topics — hire Freddy Smith to write for you” or similar. Make sure it’s on the About page. Also add it as a sidebar note.
You must tell people what you do, and keep on telling them. Remember, buyers need to see your name seven or more times before they buy.
Angela Booth’s writing guides have been created to help you to make money from your writing every day. Join the thousands of writers who are making great money with their writing skills.
[tags]writing,writing tips,writing services,writing career,professional writing[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Self-Publishing: How Hit A Bonanza If You Want To Quit - May 12, 2018
- Self-Publishing: Writing Or Book Marketing? - May 7, 2018
- 4 Tips To Help You To Achieve Your Writing Goals In 2018 - May 6, 2018