Top selling writers in any area – novelists, magazine writers, bloggers – earn more. That’s not surprising.
What is surprising to many writers however is that these top selling writers are not necessarily better writers; they’re just more productive.
I receive dozens of messages and enquiries from writers each week, and 99.9 per cent of them could be answered in two words: WRITE MORE. Just about any challenge you have in writing will be cleared up if you just write more.
Not selling enough? Write more.
If you have ten article queries doing the rounds, one may sell. If you have 50, you’ll sell five.
If your first book isn’t selling, write another one, and another one after that. You may just get a multi-book contract.
If your Web articles aren’t selling, offer them in packages, or as PLR.
If your blog isn’t getting enough traffic and you’re not making enough income, blog more. (The top blogs have ten or more posts a day.)
If your ebook isn’t selling, write another one.
If you aren’t getting enough writing jobs, market more, by writing. Write a blog, write promotional articles – the more your name is out there, the more writing jobs you’ll get.
How to write more – develop your own processes
If you want to write more, you must have writing processes in place so that that happens.
* Time, usually carved out of the rest of your life if you’re not a full time writer;
* Goals – set goals, and turn them into doable daily tasks, and just do them, no excuses;
* Inspiration – this is where writing courses like Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON) come into their own. I’ve lost count of the subscribers who tell me “now I’ve got a method I’m selling – I’ve wasted so much time in the past”;
* Processes – develop templates and methods to write whatever it is that you write most. I have templates in MS Word and Pages for everything I write each month, from Fab Freelance Writing Ezine issues to commissioned magazine articles and ebooks.
Everything in life has its price. You can be a top selling writer in ANY field you choose, if you write enough. That writing takes time and energy, and most of all, it takes commitment.
Are you writing enough to be as successful as you want to be? Are you making big money as a writer?
I created my writing class, “Write More And Make More Money From Your Writing: Develop A Fast, Fun Productive Writing Process” for writers who realize they have to write more, but don’t know where and how to start.
[tags]writing,write more,writing process,writing tips,writing skills,creativity,ideas,writer’s block[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Blogging To Sell: 3 Ways To Make Your Blog Work For You - July 9, 2018
- Write Short Stories With Story Power (Promotion Ends Soon) - July 6, 2018
- Professional Writing: The Essential Process You Need For Success - July 5, 2018