Marketing is an essential skill for freelance writers. If you don’t market your services, you don’t get hired.
Unfortunately, many freelance writers hate marketing. I sympathize. I used to hate it too. 🙂 It took me at least a couple of decades to get over my fear of marketing my services – I was very, very lucky that I managed to get writing jobs even though I was such a loss at marketing. Considering that I marketed my clients quite happily, I’m amazed that it never occurred to me that I need to market my own skills.
Time rolls on and things change. In 2008, freelance writing is much more competitive than it was. You’re competing with writers all over the world, so marketing is a necessity, no matter what kind of writing you’re doing.
Here are some great tips to get you thinking about marketing Bad Language / 27 proven freelance marketing tips:
1. “Wake up! No marketing = no business. This realisation is the necessary starting point.
2. For freelancers, Tom Peters’ book The Brand You 50: Reinventing Work is fundamental. You are selling yourself as much as your time and services. Everything you do is marketing.
If you’re stuck on marketing, my ebook “You CAN Sell Your Writing Now: Marketing Skills For Writers” will help.
Brand Yourself as a Writer: Charge the Rates you Deserve
Are you charging enough?
Many excellent writers are charging pitiful rates.
You can charge more, when you discover the secrets of branding and marketing yourself as a brand.
“You CAN Sell Your Writing Now: Marketing Skills For Writers” ensures that you charge the rates you deserve.
[tags]freelance writing, marketing[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Quick Fiction Tips: More Series Secrets (Make One Free) - July 30, 2018
- Self-Publishing Secrets: Blurb (Book Description) Challenges - July 22, 2018
- Writing Fiction: How To Develop Bestselling Plots - July 20, 2018